K-Feeders Carousel Wild Bird Feeder - Specifications
- Four independent seed compartments
- UV-treated polycarbonate base
- 16” clear acrylic baffle
- Easy screw-off cap with built in hanging loop
- Designed and constructed to last a lifetime
- No assembly required
- Hang or pole mount
What's in the Box:
- 1 K-Feeders carousel wild bird feeder
- 5 lb seed capacity
- Eight feeding stations
- Fill with mixed seed, de-shelled peanuts, safflower seed, cracked corn, sunflower hearts and black oil sunflower seed
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateChanging my opinion
They do not have replacement parts as the one question suggested for chewed perches. That makes what i would consider a pretty expensive feeder useless.Response From Perky-Pet®Anthony : Consumer Relations Representative
We apologize for this experience and would like to assist further. Although replacement parts may not currently be available, we back our feeders with a one-year replacement warranty in case of damages. Please give our Consumer Relations Team a call at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) so we may learn more and see how we may help.
Review RateSquirrels chewing feeder
Not so sure squirrels chewing of the perches is that unusual. They did it to our two feeders.Response From Perky-Pet®Anthony : Consumer Relations Representative
Thank you for sharing this feedback. Squirrels are indeed a common nuisance to bird feeders, and we would like to offer the following suggestions for dealing with them.
1) Hang feeders at least five feet above the ground and at least ten feet from potential launching spots, such as branches, fences, or decks.
2) Add cayenne pepper to the seed mix to repel squirrels without affecting the birds' enjoyment.
3) Try safflower seed, which is not appealing to squirrels.
4) Add a baffler above or below the feeder, depending on how it is hung or mounted.
We hope this information proves helpful. Please feel free to call our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) with any additional questions. Our feeders are covered under a one-year replacement warranty in case of damages.
Review RateGreat bird feeder
I love my bird feeder. I have it near my bird bath it is such fun watching the cardinals and blue jays feed and splash in the bird bath. Will be ordering another feeder soon I'm the envy of my neighbors Have given them your website
Review RateExcellent feeder
This is a great feeder. I had a very persistent squirrel that defied All the odds and got into it. Chewed off a couple of perches and chewed the port holes. I bought a new one and now it is squirrel proof. Food stays dry too. I would definitely recommend this feeder to anyone that is looking for a feeder. It holds a lot of seed too.
Review RateGreat feeder
We love the feeder, and best of all the birds love it!!
Review RateGood unit
This was a replacement for one we had been using for 20 yrs. The only reason we had to replace it was that a tree fell on the feeder and smashed it. A very good feeder.
Review RateGreat feeder
This is a great bird feeder. My father bought me my first one that got broken after 10 years by falling ice. It is great for keeping the squirrels out. I also like being able to use different seeds in the same feeder. Worth the money.
Review RateGlad to see it back!!Without out a doubt the very best feeder on the market. Looks like it is molded and assembled in the USA by a company that knows how to produce a quality product. Will last a very long time, well worth the price.
Review RateGreat feederLove this multi-seed feeder where space is limited and more than one seed type is desired. It has great weather protection to keep seed dry and fresh. The large feeding area with all ports at the bottom provides clean and consistent seed supply.
Review RateLong lastingWe purchased our K-Feeded in 1997. It has been a wonderful feeder and the squirrels have not bothered it. I need to replace it now because the plastic perches are breaking off. I wish they were replaceable or made of metal.
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed and best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch. This seed is accepted by the greatest variety of birds.
Mixed Seed is also popular. It is best to buy the mixes that contain white proso millet, a tiny cream colored seed with a shiny shell. Mixes containing finely cracked corn and black oil sunflower are also preferred by a large number of birds.
Niger (Thistle Seed) is imported from Africa and Asia. Niger won't germinate, but it does have a tendency to become moldy due to lack of air circulation. If you notice mold on the seed, it must be removed from the feeder and the feeder must be cleaned thoroughly.
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: Before filling your feeder with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in a light water/bleach solution (9 parts water to 1 part bleach).
- Scrub feeder and allow to air dry.
- Rake and remove accumulated hulls and droppings from underneath the feeders.
- Spread mulch (bark or wood) under the feeder, replace mulch when soiled.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling and cleaning feeders.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for wild birds?
A: Wild birds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need seed. Birds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also for bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide birds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for birds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy. By adding a water source, you also can attract a larger variety of birds to your yard. You may even attract more colorful birds that don't eat seed, but are in need of water!