K-Feeders Super Carousel And Window Wild Bird Feeders - Specifications
- Super Carousel Feeder Powder coated, zinc die-cast base to resist squirrel damage, corrosion and breakage. Feeder has 8 independent seed compartments, UV-treated 16" clear acrylic baffle, easy screw-off cap with built in hanging loop. It is designed and constructed to last a lifetime with no assembly required for set up. Hang or pole mount.
- Window Feeder assembles to dispense either mixed or thistle seed and contains durable polycarbonate components and has built-in suction cups that stick directly to the window for a strong hold. Slide-out barrel makes filling and cleaning easy. Feeder is designed and constructed to last a lifetime.
What's in the Box:
- 1 K-Feeders super carousel wild bird feeder
- 1 K-Feeders window wild bird feeder
- Super Carousel: 8 lb seed capacity with 8 feeding stations. Fill with mixed seed, de-shelled peanuts, safflower seed, cracked corn, sunflower hearts and black oil sunflower seed
- Window: .75 lb seed capacity with 2 feeding stations. Fill with mixed seed, safflower seed, sunflower hearts, black oil sunflower seed or thistle seed. Window mount feeder.
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review Ratebest feeder
The best bird feeder I have used in 40 years. This is my second feeder.
Review RateWould purchase again
After hanging the feeder the squirrels did try to chew the cover. We hung a baffle over it and that has solved the problem. I like the fact that it holds a lot of food so it doesn't have to be filled very often.
Review RateThe Perfect Feeder !The feeder is perfect! It holds plenty of seed and the dome gives protection from animals and the weather. It is constructed very well and should last for years. The purch and ports are sized right for smaller birds and so far cow birds and black birds don't seem to feed from it. Time will tell. Very pleased!
Review RateGreat feeder!This feeder is well built and very sturdy. Easy to fill and the birds love it. Can't lose with this on. Try it, you'll like it!
Review RateK-Feeders Super Carousel Wild Bird FeederI bought this for my husband for Christmas, and we both absolutely love it. Excellent quality construction, squirrel proof, and very sturdy. Highly recommend this product and this company. Shipping was very fast. Very happy with this purchase.
Review RateHorrible designI put this feeder out for two weeks, even tho' it was too heavy to hang (I placed it on the railing of the back deck). The portals are very badly designed - the birds never could figure out how to get seed out!Response From Perky-Pet®Patty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeWe appreciate the time taken to provide this feedback and apologize for the experience.
This feeder has an 8 lb seed capacity and can be hung from something designed to hold that weight, or pole mounted. Birds can often take some time to get used to a new feeder in their environment.
Our feeders are covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee, and we are glad to know that you were able to take advantage of that policy. Feel free to contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) with any additional questions.
Review RateSturdy and big volume!Had one of their products for over 15 years, but move to new local necessitated leaving it behind. Brought a new one and appears to be of equal quality. Large volume means fewer refill trips during our snowy winter!
Review RateBird love itBought it for my sister in law because likes to watch the birds and the feeder she had the food was getting wet when it rained and the bird will not eat wet food. With feeder the are protected from the rain and the food stays dry.
Review RateGreat productThis is my second one. The first one lasted for many years. This new one looks like it is even better than the first one so I can look for many years of use.it is a great bird feeder.
Review RateGreat bird feeder!Sturdy feeder, lots of perches, huge amount of feed. I'm very happy with the feeder.
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed and best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch. This seed is accepted by the greatest variety of birds.
Mixed Seed is also popular. It is best to buy the mixes that contain white proso millet, a tiny cream colored seed with a shiny shell. Mixes containing finely cracked corn and black oil sunflower are also preferred by a large number of birds.
Thistle Seed is imported from Africa and Asia. Thistle won't germinate, however, it has a tendency to become moldy due to lack of air circulation. If you notice mold on the seed, it must be removed from the feeder and the feeder must be cleaned thoroughly.
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: No/No feeders can be dish washed or hand washed. Before filling your feeders with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Place the feeder on top rack of the dish washer.
- Allow the feeder to dry completely before refilling.
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in a light water/bleach solution (9 parts water to 1 part bleach).
- Gently cleanse feeder and allow to air dry.
After the feeder is clean and dry follow these steps
- Rake and remove accumulated hulls and droppings from underneath the feeders.
- Spread mulch (bark or wood) under the feeder, replace mulch when soiled.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling and cleaning feeders.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for wild birds?
A: Wild birds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need seed. Birds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also for bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide birds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for birds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy. By adding a water source, you also can attract a larger variety of birds to your yard. You may even attract more colorful birds that don't eat seed, but are in need of water!