Perky-Pet® Silver 2-in-1 Wild Bird Feeder - Specifications
- 1.8 lb seed capacity
- 2-in-1 seed port feeder system
- Antique silver finish
- Removable, bird friendly tray to catch seed and shells
What's in the Box:
- 1 bird feeder
- 1.8 lb seed capacity
- Individual feeder - height 17" and width 6.75"
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Perky-Pet does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review Ratecost versus quality
I had two older feeders from Perky-Pet and they were built using cast metal for the feeder holes. I was extremely pleased with the quality, the feeders lasted for years. That was the reason that I decided to order new ones from you. I was quite disappointed to find that you changed to sheet metal. They are the same type and might last as long as the old ones, but they sure look cheap. By the way, price was not a factor. (maybe a little)Response From Perky-Pet®Jennifer : Consumer Relations Representative
We apologize for this experience. The time taken to share this feedback is appreciated. This information has been shared with our Product Managers.
Please feel free to contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) with any questions or for additional assistance.
Review RateNot happy with purchase
I have a older one. Cooper colored cap very sturdy the silver colored did not last one day before t fell apart stellar jays obviously to heavy for it still. Using the old oneResponse From Perky-Pet®Patty : Consumer Relations Representative
We are sorry to hear that this happened and would like the opportunity to make this right. Our feeders are covered by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a one-year replacement warranty. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) so we can learn more and provide assistance.
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Discover more about the birds visiting your feeders at birdfeeder.com’s Learning Center section and then visit the Wild Bird Journal for helpful articles, tips and more insights to feeding birds. Sign up for our email newsletter to get news, coupons and special deals delivered straight to your inbox.
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Video Help & Advice from Perky-Pet®
- Check out our series on how to attract birds to your backyard. We have a large amount of video advice and help for all levels of bird watcher! more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed and best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch. This seed is accepted by the greatest variety of birds.
Mixed Seed is also popular. It is best to buy the mixes that contain white proso millet, a tiny cream colored seed with a shiny shell. Mixes containing finely cracked corn and black oil sunflower are also preferred by a large number of birds.
Niger (Thistle Seed) is imported from Africa and Asia. Niger won't germinate, but it does have a tendency to become moldy due to lack of air circulation. If you notice mold on the seed, it must be removed from the feeder and the feeder must be cleaned thoroughly.
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: Before filling your feeder with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in water.
- Scrub feeder and allow to air dry.
- Rake and remove accumulated hulls and droppings from underneath the feeders.
- Spread mulch (bark or wood) under the feeder, replace mulch when soiled.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling and cleaning feeders.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for wild birds?
A: Wild birds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need seed. Birds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also for bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide birds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for birds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy. By adding a water source, you also can attract a larger variety of birds to your yard. You may even attract more colorful birds that don't eat seed, but are in need of water!