Perky-Pet® Aster Top-Fill Plastic Hummingbird Feeder - Specifications
Attracting, feeding and enjoying hummingbirds is easy with our top fill hummingbird feeder.
- Top-fill design
- Easy to fill wide mouth top
- Easy to clean with less parts
- Advanced "sport bottle" like function
- Plastic feeder
What's in the Box:
- 1 plastic hummingbird feeder
- 16 oz nectar capacity
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateAwesome product
Excellent product. The red color on top and bottom attracts the hummingbird. The petals have easy access with a spot for the HB to sit and drink. And finally the ability to open and close is great. Not only does this keep the insects out. But also keeps spills from happening. Highly recommended this feeder.
Review RateperchesI recently purchased this feeder and find that the hummers don't light on the perches. I believe the perches are too close to the flowers. They feed while hovering but won't light. I do wish they could rest and feed at the same time. I tried bending the perches away but am afraid of breaking them. I plan to try heating them gently to get more clearance. Otherwise a very nice feederResponse From Perky-Pet®Patty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeWe appreciate the time taken to provide this feedback and would like to provide assistance.
Since birds eat in nature while hovering, they have very weak legs and feet, and often are more comfortable not perching while feeding. Our feeders are designed to provide an experience for birds similar to what they find in nature, though we do include perches on many of our models. Depending on the species and size, some birds will light more or less often on specific perches.
Feel free to contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) with any additional questions.
Review RateAmazon ReviewThe hummers seem to love this feeder (they've been there all day!), and the perches are really cute. We've had no problems with "sharp barbs" as reported by some other reviewers.If the feeder is leaking, try taking it apart and starting again. Mine has kept a strong seal for two years. We have also received good support from Perky-Pet in the past; they replaced an earlier feeder that broke upon first use (different design).Finally, there is no need to buy food or use red dye. The "recipe" is 1 part sugar to 4 parts water. This will hold about a cup at a time; I make 2.5 cups and store some in the fridge (.5 cup sugar and 2 cups water). You do want to change the solution regularly, and this feeder makes it easy to do so because it will hold the seal until you unpop it, meaning you don't get sugar water all over your kitchen floor or deck.Would definitely buy this again.
Review RateSorry, but is does leakSeems other reviewers learned a trick that I can't match: I've disassembled and reassembled this feeder at least 5 times, but the nectar mix still leaks from the base (where lower portion connects to upper portion of base). I've filled it from the top, pulled up the glass container to release the mix, then hang the feeder. If anything moves it (wind, etc.), it spills drops of nectar onto the deck (making ants very happy). Suggestions?
Review RateAmazon ReviewI already have one of these units and installed a second one. It works well and the hummingbirds like it.
Review RateAmazon Review, does not leakSome others reported that this leaked. My guess is that they expected the bottom to be tightly screwed on when they got it. After reading those reviews, when I received mine I made certain that I adjusted all fittings and it works great!
Review RateAmazon Review, Great design...I'm not a rocket scientist but after less than 1 minute of disassembling/reassembling the unit I understood how it worked. I then filled it and put it out... three weeks later I have refilled it twice and love the design. The people who have had isssues must not have filled it correctly... I'm assuming they don't realizes it pulls up/down to create a vacuum. Its pretty simple... make sure everythings tight; add room temperature mixture; hang the feeder and pull the bottom down to creat the vacuum . A+++++
Review RateAmazon Review, We love it!Best hummingbird feeder we've ever had. We love it, our birds love it, and it's easy to clean and refill. Great design!
Review RateAmazon ReviewThis feeder works wonderfully for us. It took a while to figure out how to use it properly. Once we did, it's the best feeder we've had. It doesn't leak, like so many reviewers complained about. We've had wind gusts up to 50 mph, with no leaks. It took a while for the hummingbirds to figure out the perches, but once they did, they're here all the time. Truly a pleasure to fill from the top. You just need to remember to close the container (push down)before filling it. Then pull up and you're set to go. Also much easier to clean this feeder than any other feeder we've had to date. The hummingbirds now love it and are fighting for space.
Review RateAmazon Review, Nice feederNice decor item for the garden, don't spill so you don't have to worry for clean. It's great to see it & birds seems to love it.
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Hummingbird Feeders - Expert Tips
Filling Your Feeder:
Here are a few things to review before filling the feeder:
- Check to make sure the base compartments are securely tightened
- Push container into base to close ports to prevent leakage
- Unscrew to cap to fill with nectar
- Screw cap back on securely to form an airtight seal.
- We recommend keeping the feeder in the closed position until you get to the spot where you want to hang it.
- To open nectar reservoir - hold base with one hand and pull up on the container with the other to open ports for feeding. Your feeder is now ready.
Please note: if the cap does not fit securely on to the feeder and you see a gap between the cap and the feeder, the seal may be the issue. Please contact our Consumer Care Department at 1.800.800.1819 or email@example.com to request a new outer ring for you cap.
To replace the outer ring, push firmly on the center of the cap to pop out the middle. Replace with new outer ring.
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»