Perky-Pet® Coffee Pot Mesh Bird Feeder - Specifications
- Multiple clinging birds can dine at one time
- Durable powder-coated, all-metal mesh design
- Mesh keeps seed dry & fresh
- 2 lb seed capacity
What's in the Box:
- 1 Perky-Pet® Coffee Pot Mesh Bird Feeder
- 2 lb seed capacity
- Fill with black oil sunflower seed, peanuts, or mixed seed
How to Clean Your Perky-Pet® Bird Feeders Keeping Your Perky-Pet Seed Feeder Squirrel Free
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Perky-Pet does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review Ratecoffee pot bird feeder
this is a fun container that the birds like and the squirrels seem to leave alone if hung properly. easy to fill and hang.
Beautiful! More sturdy than I expected. Bought 3.
Review RateBirds love it and so do we
The blue coffee pot matches the trim on our house. It is so cute hanging outside the kitchen window. The cardinals and yellow finches really stand out when they are hanging and feeding on it, but every bird is beautiful while on the coffee pot!! We love the novelty shaped No-No feeders.
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed and best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch. This seed is accepted by the greatest variety of birds.
Mixed Seed is also popular. It is best to buy the mixes that contain white proso millet, a tiny cream colored seed with a shiny shell. Mixes containing finely cracked corn and black oil sunflower are also preferred by a large number of birds.
Thistle Seed is imported from Africa and Asia. Thistle won't germinate, however, it has a tendency to become moldy due to lack of air circulation. If you notice mold on the seed, it must be removed from the feeder and the feeder must be cleaned thoroughly.
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: No/No feeders can be dish washed or hand washed. Before filling your feeders with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Place the feeder on top rack of the dish washer.
- Allow the feeder to dry completely before refilling.
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in water.
- Gently cleanse feeder and allow to air dry.
After the feeder is clean and dry follow these steps
- Rake and remove accumulated hulls and droppings from underneath the feeders.
- Spread mulch (bark or wood) under the feeder, replace mulch when soiled.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling and cleaning feeders.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for wild birds?
A: Wild birds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need seed. Birds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also for bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide birds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for birds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy. By adding a water source, you also can attract a larger variety of birds to your yard. You may even attract more colorful birds that don't eat seed, but are in need of water!