Perky-Pet® Dried Mealworm Wild Bird Feeder
Attract a variety of species to your yard with the Perky-Pet® Dried Mealworm Wild Bird Feeder. Bluebirds, woodpeckers and other insect-eating birds will love having access to a hearty alternative to seed – and they’ll get to dine at the same time thanks to two ports with perches!
For your convenience, this feeder features removable a lid and a wide-mouth opening to make cleaning a breeze. Filling is also effortless – simply add up to 3.5 oz of dried mealworms to the reservoir and you’re ready to start feeding. To allow for easy monitoring of food levels at a glance, this feeder boasts a clear plastic reservoir.
The Perky-Pet® Dried Mealworm Bird Feeder also has a few advantages over open tray-style feeders. Unique slotted ports prevent scatter, therefore reducing messes on the ground below the feeder. In addition, the enclosed design helps to keep food dry in any weather.
The durable plastic construction will ensure bird-feeding enjoyment for years to come. In addition, this feeder includes a built-in hanging hook, allowing you to hang the feeder in a location that’s easy for you to view.
Why Birds Love It:
- Enclosed feeder design helps to keep mealworms fresh and dry in inclement weather.
- Provides a great alternative to birds who enjoy foods other than seed.
- Feeding ports include attached perches to accommodate multiple hungry birds at once.
- The 3.5 oz mealworm capacity keeps birds in good supply
Why You'll Love It:
- Removable lid makes cleaning and filling easy, so birds have access to a consistently full, fresh feeder.
- Slotted ports prevent scatter so you won’t have to clean up messes below the feeder.
- Attracts a variety of species to your yard, including bluebirds, woodpeckers and other insect-loving birds.
- Built-in hanging hook allows you to hang the feeder anywhere around your yard or patio.
Perkypet.com is the top destination to find quality Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet® and K-Feeders® wild bird products are trusted brands to bird lovers everywhere. Interact with nature, relax and build memories that last a lifetime by conveniently ordering from perkypet.com. Happy Bird Feeding!
Perky-Pet® Dried Mealworm Wild Bird Feeder - Specifications
- Attracts bluebirds, woodpeckers and other insect eaters
- Slotted ports prevent scatter and messes below the feeder
- Enclosed design keeps mealworms fresh and dry
- Removable lid for easy filling and cleaning
- Holds up to 3.5 oz of dried mealworms
What's in the Box:
- 1 Perky-Pet® Dried Mealworm Wild Bird Feeder
- Holds 3.5 oz of dried mealworms
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Perky-Pet does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateKeeps the mealworms fresh!
Excellent mealworm feeder keeps them from getting wet and molding. I gave it 4 stars because it could use to be twice as large with 4 ports instead of 2:) Otherwise, great improvement to my feeder that is open to the elements!
Review RateNice, well-built feeder, but, the birds don't seem to like it.
Nice, well-built feeder, but, the birds don't seem to like it. After several weeks, I haven't seen a single bird on it. My meal-worms may be the problem. I'm using some that I bought a year ago & when I rub them between my fingers there's nothing but dust. I don't know if this is normal or not & haven't had a chance to but a fresh supply.
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed and best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch. This seed is accepted by the greatest variety of birds.
Mixed Seed is also popular. It is best to buy the mixes that contain white proso millet, a tiny cream colored seed with a shiny shell. Mixes containing finely cracked corn and black oil sunflower are also preferred by a large number of birds.
Niger (Thistle Seed) is imported from Africa and Asia. Niger won't germinate, but it does have a tendency to become moldy due to lack of air circulation. If you notice mold on the seed, it must be removed from the feeder and the feeder must be cleaned thoroughly.
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: Before filling your feeder with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in water.
- Scrub feeder and allow to air dry.
- Rake and remove accumulated hulls and droppings from underneath the feeders.
- Spread mulch (bark or wood) under the feeder, replace mulch when soiled.
- Thoroughly wash hands after handling and cleaning feeders.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for wild birds?
A: Wild birds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need seed. Birds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also for bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide birds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for birds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy. By adding a water source, you also can attract a larger variety of birds to your yard. You may even attract more colorful birds that don't eat seed, but are in need of water!