Green Antique Glass Hummingbird Feeder Kit-Specifications
- Perfect for any bird beginner or enthusiast
What's in the Box:
- (1) Green Antique Glass Hummingbird Feeder
- (1) 8 oz Packet of Clear Instant Nectar
- (1) Foam Feeder Cleaning Mop
- (1) Bird Watcher's Digest® All About Hummingbirds Booklet
- 24 oz nectar capacity - feeder
- Clear nectar makes 48 oz
- 32 page book
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateBig, sturdy feeder
Bought this because I was tired of re-filling my 6 feeders every other day, and wanted a larger capacity. This one is great--just a larger version of my smaller feeders, but 3 times the size. Now I just boil a huge pot of sugar water once a week and fill them all up. Hummingbirds don't even wait for me to leave after I put this out. Just hope the green color is real, and not a plastic coating like a red perky pet feeder I had which peeled in the sun and looked awful. Though that never affected the hummingbirds from feeding. Aesthetics are not an issue with them.
Review RateLooks nice hanging on my deck....I love the look of the feeder although I'm not sure the hummers like it. I haven't seen any on it yet.
Review RateLove my humming bird feederI bought this after I saw a friends. I like be the green bottle and that I can see when it needs to be refilled. It is a beautiful addition to my garden.
Review RatePretty but leaks, complete failure!My daughter sent this to me for Mother's Day. It's beautiful! I was so happy that she remembered how much I enjoy hummingbirds. Problems is, this thing leaks. It's a total malfunctioning product.Response From Perky-Pet®Patty : Consumer Relations RepresentativeHello Sue,
After screwing the base onto the bottle, make certain to turn the feeder upright very quickly to create a strong vacuum inside. This will prevent leaking.
We apologize for the experience and appreciate the feedback. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for additional assistance.
Review RateAmazon ReviewGave as a holiday gift - recipient liked the product.
Review RateAmazon ReviewVery attractive and quality materials. The hummingbirds were attracted to it immediately. Is vast improvement over our old red and yellow plastic feeder.
Review RateAmazon ReviewI absolutely love hummingbirds and was on the hunt for a new feeder that was made out of glass and metal. This one is BEAUTIFUL and easy to fill! I love how it looks like an antique bottle!
Review RateAmazon ReviewVery nice hummingbird feeder. Not authentic "antique" bottle though. It is an "Antique" looking bottle. Pretty color green, Hopefully the birds like it too.
Review RateAmazon ReviewThe metal bottom separates when removed from the bottle, unlike the plastic ones which need to be unscrewed to clean.
Review RateAmazon ReviewLove this feeder! Looks great hanging in window, did not want a plastic one.Birds love it! They seem to have spread the word, I have to fill it up daily!(6 or more birds around all day)
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Click the Perky-Pet® hummingbird migration map to track an approximate time of when hummingbirds will begin visiting your feeder
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet® model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet® model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet® cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.