Perky-Pet® Hopper Beginner Bundle - Specifications
- Feeder's circular perch allows birds to feed from all angles and a patented Sure-Lock™ cap system keeps squirrels out. Plastic feeder with rustic antique gold finish holds up to 2 pounds of seed
- Lyric Supreme Wild Bird Mix in 4.5 lb bag attracts a wide variety of birds
- Quick Fill Seed Scoop with finger control seed release for filling seed feeders in a snap - durable, hi-impact construction
What's in the Box:
- (1) hopper bird feeder
- (1) 4.5 lb bag of supreme wild bird mix
- (1) quick fill seed scoop
- 2 lb seed capacity, feeder
- Seed attracts a wide variety of seed eating birds
- 4 cup capacity seed scoop
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A bird got it's head stuck in one of the holes. Please redesign this to make it safeResponse From Perky-Pet®Patty : Consumer Relations Representative
We are very sorry to hear about this unusual experience and appreciate the feedback. This will be shared with our Product Managers.
Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for additional assistance. Our feeders are covered by a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and a one year replacement warranty.
Review RateGreat feeder
I love this feeder. Durable and attractive, so easy to fill. I especially like it because it because the smaller songbirds can feed from it easily. Blue Jays and blackbirds/crows don't come near it. I have feeders for the Blue Jays, but not blackbirds/crows !
Review RateSuper easy to fill and hang.
Great little birdfeeders. Super easy to fill and hang. The birds love 'em so I have to fill them each day. Great price and the birds have a place to sit and some shelter when it rains. Make sure you seat the top securely before hanging and enjoy the crowds.
Review Rateterrific bird feederI have lots of feeders and this perky pet bird feeder is great! It's very easy to fill and hold lots of seeds too. The birds love it and they can rest on the tray while they eat. So glad I bought it!! Buy one, you won't be disappointed! Thumbs up!
Review RateNice for summer feeding
I bought this for summer use. I have a couple other feeders that stand up better for our Michigan winters.
Review RateLooks fantasticThis little bird feeder is so fantastic. It looks like it's made out of old copper metal instead of the lightweight plastic. I am ecstatic about this and the person I'm going to give this to for Christmas is going to love it
Review RateThank You For Your Help...! :)I bought this for my Niece's birthday, But the bottom on the birdfeeder was broken when she got it straight from the box. Any way, the nice people at consumer care helped me get another. Many Thanks...!
Review RateAmazon Review, Nice feedersThese bird feeders look like great even if they are plastic! They are well made and hold a good amount of bird seed. Like the locking tops!
Review RateAmazon Review, birds love itIve had this about a month now. Its big enough for multiple birds to eat from it at once. My cats love watching the birds, and with this I dont have to refill it as often as with my older feeder. I received another feeder from my parents which was too large and the birds would eat from the side not visible from the window. With this, birds can feed 360 and thats a plus. Very easy to refill, just set it down, lift the lid and pour into the base. Easiest way to put the cap back on is to push it down, then pull up on the string. Its possible to fill while its still hanging, but I prefer to take it down since its so easy.
Review RateHome Depot Review, All around winner!I bought this for the decorative aspect but am thrilled with how the birds love it! I will see up to 5 at a time feeding. They seem to prefer standing in the tray as opposed to grasping the lip. This feeder is easy to fill, easy to clean and easy to dry so you can get it back out to the garden quickly for your waiting flock. Appreciate that the finish is UV protected and plastic is the best choice for us as we live on the coast. I bought another pretty copper finish tube feeder but it showed signs of rust on the 2nd day. I highly recommend the Copper Chalet Bird Feeder.
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Wild Bird Feeders - FAQs
Protecting Birds FAQs
Q: What can I do about the cat that keeps visiting my feeder?
A: If it is your neighbor's precious Fluffy, you may want to suggest that they tie a bell around the cat's neck to alert the birds when the cat is near. more»
Q: How do I discourage squirrels and raccoons?
A: Here are a few simple and effective suggestions for keeping the squirrels and raccoons off your feeder. more»
Bird Seed FAQs
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed. It is best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch.more»
Q: How do I prevent seeds from sprouting under my feeder?
A: You will need to sterilize your seed to prevent it from germinating. This will not alter the attractiveness or the nutritional value of the seed in any way more»
Q: Birds at my feeder look sick, what should I do?
A: The best thing to do is to stop feeding the birds temporarily. Remove the feeders and throw out all of the seed. Thoroughly wash your feeders as suggested in Tips for a clean feeding station. more»
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: Before filling your feeder with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in water.
- Scrub feeder and allow to air dry. more»
Feeder Types FAQs
Q: I own the Window Feeder. Lately it won't stick to the window. What can I do?
A: The first suggestion is to slightly moisten the cups. If you have already tried moistening the suction cups, we have a few other tips. more»
Q: Will I find only finches at my finch feeder?
A: No. Pine Siskins, Redpolls, Mourning Doves, Juncos, Towhees, and Cowbirds are all attracted to thistle seed.