Hummingbird Feeder Kit
Feeding hummingbirds involves a lot of tools and accessories. Luckily, the Perky-Pet® Hummingbird Feeder Kit has it all! This all-inclusive kit features everything you need to attract hummingbirds – from the feeder itself to nectar and cleaning tools! Whether you’re an experienced bird enthusiast or a beginner bird feeder, the Perky-Pet® Hummingbird Feeder Kit is just what you need to simplify your feeding experience. Plus, it makes the perfect gift!
The Star of the Show
A Perky-Pet® Red Hobnail Vintage Hummingbird Feeder highlights this all-in-one kit, creating a hummingbird set that is both beautiful and functional. The red glass bottle features antique hobnail details that are reminiscent of high-end glassware from the early 1900’s. In addition, this feeder boasts a 16 oz nectar capacity and 4 flower-shaped feeding ports that will keep hummers coming back for more. For your convenience, the feeder features a wide-mouth opening to allow for effortless filling and cleaning.
Accessorize Your Feeder
This kit also comes with a Perky-Pet® 12” Metal Hanging Hook so you can hang your new favorite feeder anywhere around your yard or patio. It has a rust-resistant powder-coated finish to ensure durability even in the harshest weather. Plus, it won’t harm tree branches!
The kit’s included Perky-Pet® AntGuard® is the perfect accessory if you’re tired of ants swarming your feeders. It easily mounts in-line with any hanging feeder. The convenient AntGuard® repels ants using Permethrin, which is safe for birds, people, and pets.
Cleaning and Filling
To help you get started right away, the Perky-Pet® Hummingbird Feeder kit comes with an 8 oz bag of nectar concentrate. It contains 100% sucrose so there are no artificial sweeteners. This single bag makes up to 48 oz of nectar, so you can refill your feeders several times. Best of all, it’s simple to make. Just add water – there’s no boiling required!
Finally, the Perky-Pet® Foam Feeder Cleaning Mop will simplify the chore of cleaning your feeders. The long metal handle allows you to access all the hard-to-reach spaces so you can prevent the build-up of harmful mold and bacteria. It’s made of soft, no-scratch foam so you don’t have to worry about it damaging the feeders beautiful red luster finish.
Perkypet.com is the top destination to find quality Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet® and K-Feeders wild bird products are trusted brands to bird lovers everywhere. Interact with nature, relax and build memories that last a lifetime by conveniently ordering from perkypet.com. Happy Bird Feeding!
Hummingbird Feeder Kit - Specifications
What's in the Box:
- 1 Perky-Pet® Red Hobnail Vintage Hummingbird Feeder
- 1 Perky-Pet® 12” Metal Hanging Hook
- 1 Perky-Pet® AntGuard®
- 1 Perky-Pet® Foam Feeder Cleaning Mop
- 1 Perky-Pet® 8 oz Clear Powder Hummingbird Nectar Concentrate
Perky-Pet® Red Hobnail Vintage Hummingbird Feeder
- Vintage hobnail glass bottle with red luster finish
- Wide-mouth design for easy filling and cleaning
- 4 flower-shaped feeding ports
- Holds up to 16 oz of nectar
- Actual size: 5.5” x 5.5” x 8.63”
Perky-Pet® 12” Metal Hanging Hook
- Great for use with bird feeders and hanging planters
- Rust-resistant, powder-coated, garden green finish
- Will not harm tree branches
- Holds up to 35 lb
- Actual size: 12 inches
- Repels ants from feeders
- Easily mounts in-line with all hanging feeders
- Uses Permethrin, which is safe around birds, pets, and people
Perky-Pet® Foam Feeder Cleaning Mop
- No-scratch foam material
- Metal handle for convenient handling and storage
- Prevents build-up of harmful mold and bacteria
- For use with hummingbird and oriole feeders
Perky-Pet® Clear Powder Hummingbird Nectar Concentrate
- 8 oz bag of concentrate
- Makes 48 oz of clear hummingbird nectar
- No boiling required
- 100% sucrose – contains no artificial sweeteners
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Visit the Perky-Pet® hummingbird migration map to track an approximate time of when hummingbirds will begin visiting your feeder
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Hummingbird Feeders - FAQs
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet® model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet® model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet® cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.