Best used for:ChickadeesFinchesNuthatchesTitmiceWoodpeckersPerky-Pet® Seed Feeder Basics Kit Feeding the birds involves a lot of tools and accessories. Luckily, the Perky-Pet® Seed Feeder Basics Kit has it all! This all-inclusive kit features everything you need to attract birds to your yard – a Perky-Pet® Easy Feeder, a 33” hanging chain, and a Scoop N’ Fill™ seed scoop! Whether you’re an experienced bird enthusiast or a beginner bird feeder, this kit is just what you need to simplify your feeding routine. Plus, it makes the perfect gift!Easy Feeder Just as the name suggests, this feeder is easy to use. It features a removable seed cartridge, which makes filling and cleaning a breeze. The Perky-Pet® Easy Feeder also boasts a metal wire cage that creates a barrier around the ports making it harder for squirrels to gain access. In addition to its squirrel-resistant features, the Easy Feeder is also a favorite of birds. The whopping twelve feeding ports and 4 lb seed capacity are sure to accommodate a wide variety of birds.Hang it Anywhere This kit also comes with a Perky-Pet® 33” Metal Hanging Chain so you can hang your new favorite feeder anywhere around your yard or patio. The long chain allows you to hang feeders from high branches and can adjust to fit branches of various sizes. It has a rust-resistant powder-coated finish to ensure durability even in the harshest weather. This sturdy hook is able to hold up to 16 lb, so you can hang planters and hanging baskets as well!.Easy Filling The Perky-Pet® Scoop N’ Fill™ Seed Scoop has an ergonomic design that makes filling all your bird seed feeders an easy task. The scoop boasts a four-cup capacity so you can fill your feeders quickly. The scoop’s handle also doubles as a bag clip. Lock it onto seed bags to seal in freshness!There’s more to bird feeding than the feeder itself. Accessorize with hanging hooks, bafflers, scoops and more.Are squirrels a nuisance to your bird feeding routine? Our baffler options can help you keep them at bay.Hanging hooks and poles give you ultimate flexibility for placing your feeders so you can easily view them.Perky-Pet® Seed Feeder Basics Kit Product Details Do you want to know more helpful details about the Seed Feeder Basics Kit? Take a closer look at the in-depth specifications for this product. Complete Product Details »Learn More About Wild Birds Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures. Check out some of our great resources to find out more about your favorite wild birds.Our 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority! If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or refund of your full purchase price. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!About Perky-Pet®:We have been the trusted experts in backyard bird feeding since 1958. Perky-Pet® delivers high quality, functional bird feeders and accessories that bring more birds to your backyard. Bringing nature to you™. More About (Perky-Pet®) »
Perky-Pet® Seed Feeder Basics Kit Kit Model # BSEEDBASICS Includes Easy Feeder (102) Specifications
- Wire barrier keeps squirrels at a distance from the feeding ports
- Removable seed cartridge for easy filling and cleaning
- Twelve feeding ports means there's plenty of room for multiple birds
- Heavy-duty, powder-coated metal frame stands up to rust and squirrel damage
- Can be hung or pole mounted for versatile placement
- Holds up to 4 lb of seed
Hanging Chain (65T) Specifications
- 33” hanging chain holds up to 16 lb
- Rust-resistant powder-coated garden-green finish
- Metal chain adjusts to fit various tree branch diameters
- Hang bird feeders, planters and hanging baskets
Seed Scoop (300-12) Specifications
- Holds up to 4 cups of seed
- Ergonomic design for comfortable, easy filling
- Handle doubles as a bag clip to keep seed fresh
- Constructed of strong plastic
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or refund of your purchase price. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Wild Bird Feeders - FAQs
Protecting Birds FAQs
Q: What can I do about the cat that keeps visiting my feeder?
A: If it is your neighbor's precious Fluffy, you may want to suggest that they tie a bell around the cat's neck to alert the birds when the cat is near. more»
Q: How do I discourage squirrels and raccoons?
A: Here are a few simple and effective suggestions for keeping the squirrels and raccoons off your feeder. more»
Bird Seed FAQs
Q: What are the most popular bird seeds to use?
A: Black Oil Sunflower Seed is the most popular bird seed. It is much smaller than the traditional sunflower seed. It is best for those birds with smaller bills, such as the sparrow, junco and goldfinch. more»
Q: How do I prevent seeds from sprouting under my feeder?
A: You will need to sterilize your seed to prevent it from germinating. This will not alter the attractiveness or the nutritional value of the seed in any way more»
Q: Birds at my feeder look sick, what should I do?
A: The best thing to do is to stop feeding the birds temporarily. Remove the feeders and throw out all of the seed. Thoroughly wash your feeders as suggested in Tips for a clean feeding station. more»
Q: How do I clean my bird feeders?
A: Before filling your feeder with fresh seed, it is recommended that the following precautions are taken:
- Remove all old seed.
- Soak feeder in a light water/bleach solution (9 parts water to 1 part bleach).
- Scrub feeder and allow to air dry. more»
Feeder Types FAQs
Q: I own the Window Feeder. Lately it won't stick to the window. What can I do?
A: The first suggestion is to slightly moisten the cups. If you have already tried moistening the suction cups, we have a few other tips. more»
Q: Will I find only finches at my finch feeder?
A: No. Pine Siskins, Redpolls, Mourning Doves, Juncos, Towhees, and Cowbirds are all attracted to thistle seed.