Perky-Pet® Top Fill Hummingbird Feeder
Make feeding your hummingbirds easier than ever before the Perky-Pet® Top Fill Hummingbird Feeder! This feeder has been designed with patented Top Fill technology so it can be easily filled by simply opening the cap and pouring in the 16 oz of nectar! Traditional hummingbird feeders are filled through a small opening in the bottom, but our unique feeder has a convenient wide mouth opening that prevents messes and spillage while filling.
Hummingbirds will be attracted to the vibrant red color and four yellow soft flower feeding ports. The flexible design of the flowers is feels more natural, which birds are sure to love. There are no other ports like these on the market! To safeguard your nectar from ants, this feeder features a built-in ant moat. Simply fill the moat with water to block ants from gaining access to the sweet nectar.
In addition to being easier to fill, the wide mouth design also makes this feeder easy to clean so your hummers always have access to a consistently clean, healthy feeder. The clear plastic reservoir allows you to easily monitor nectar levels so your birds never run out.
Hang this Feeder anywhere around your yard by attaching the built-in hanging loop to a compatible hook. To get you started feeding right away, this hummingbird feeder comes complete with a free packet of instant nectar.
Remember to clean your feeder once every two weeks with mild soap and water solution.
Accessorize your Hummingbird or Oriole Feeder
Perkypet.com is the top destination to find quality Wild Bird Feeders and Accessories. Perky-Pet®, K-Feeders and NO/NO® wild bird products are trusted brands to bird lovers everywhere. Interact with nature, relax and build memories that last a lifetime by conveniently ordering from perkypet.com. Happy Bird Feeding!
Perky-Pet® Top Fill Hummingbird Feeder-Specifications
- Top Fill, wide mouth opening for easy filling & cleaning
- Built-in ant moat in the lid
- 16 oz nectar capacity
What's in the Box:
- One Perky-Pet® Top Fill Feeder
- 16 oz nectar capacity
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
With this Hummingbird feeder do I need to pull the nectar reservoir in an upward motion to open the nectar flow like later models? Or is it just ready to go?Response From Perky-Pet®Jennifer : Consumer Relations Representative
After this feeder is filled with nectar, it is ready to use. The reservoir does not need to be opened. Our Consumer Relations Team is happy to provide additional assistance. Please feel free to contact us at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973).
Really like this feeder! So easy to refill. Can't wait for my hummers to return and enjoy it!!
Review Ratenot well designed
The base does not fit well and all the water drips out within a day. not well designed.Response From Perky-Pet®Patty : Consumer Relations Representative
We apologize for this experience and would like the opportunity to learn more.
The base of this feeder includes a floater section that will cut off the flow of nectar when the base is full. When the parts of the base are aligned properly, the feeder should not leak.
Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-PERKYPET (1-855-737-5973) for additional assistance.
Review RateLove it!
I love this top-fill feeder!!
Review RatePrompt ServiceLove the top fill; it's a lot less messy! Great service from Perky Pet!
Review RateBirds feeding now!We had a different feeder last year. Very seldom did we see any birds using the feeder. So ths year I am trying the Perky-Pet feeder, and wow we are seeing at least 5 birds a day . So this feeder is working real well.
Thanks for a easy to refill product, and a feeder that attracts hummingbirds.
- All About
All About Hummingbirds
- Click the Perky-Pet® hummingbird migration map to track an approximate time of when hummingbirds will begin visiting your feeder
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Hummingbird Feeders - Expert Tips
Filling Your Feeder:
Here are a few things to review before filling the feeder:
- Check to make sure the base compartments are securely tightened
- Push container into base to close ports to prevent leakage
- Unscrew to cap to fill with nectar
- Screw cap back on securely to form an airtight seal.
- We recommend keeping the feeder in the closed position until you get to the spot where you want to hang it.
- To open nectar reservoir - hold base with one hand and pull up on the container with the other to open ports for feeding. Your feeder is now ready.
Please note: if the cap does not fit securely on to the feeder and you see a gap between the cap and the feeder, the seal may be the issue. Please contact our Consumer Care Department at 1.800.800.1819 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new outer ring for you cap.
To replace the outer ring, push firmly on the center of the cap to pop out the middle. Replace with new outer ring.
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I'm new to Top Fill feeders, are there tips on filling for beginners?
A: Yes, follow the steps below.
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet® model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet® model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet® cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.