Best used for:CardinalsChickadeesFinchesNuthatchesTitmicePerky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone® Max Pinecone Bird Feeder Offering maximum protection against squirrels and maximum comfort for your favorite birds, the Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone® Max Pinecone Bird Feeder is the feeder you’ve been searching for. To offer defense against squirrels, this feeder offers a twist-lock lid and a weight-activated Seed Shield™ so squirrels can’t gain access to the seed supply. In addition to its squirrel proof features, the Squirrel-Be-Gone® Max is also a favorite of birds. It also includes six feeding stations with our patented Flexports™, which offer 5-in-1 benefits for birds and you. With its rustic powder coating and decorative pinecone-themed design, this feeder will make a charming addition in any backyard setting.Squirrel Proof Seed Shield™ To offer defense against squirrels, this feeder boasts multiple great features. First, is the feeder’s weight-activated Seed Shield™, which is calibrated to support the weight of birds but not squirrels. When squirrels try to gain access to the perches, the cage closes off the ports under their weight. Birds can sit on every perch without activating it. In addition, the twist-lock cap prevents squirrels from lifting the lid, while the metal frame discourages chewing around the ports.
To ensure a 100% squirrel proof feeder, placement is key! Hang the feeder with at least 18 inches of clearance on all sides so squirrels can’t easily reach the ports without activating the Seed Shield™.Flexports™ Offer 5-in-1 Benefits Our patented Flexports™ offer 5-in-1 benefits for birds and you. The unique design is 4X more shake resistant than standard Perky-Pet® ports so there’s less seed waste – which means money saved and fewer messes on the ground! The design also allows birds to feed at an optimal position outside of the port, offering improved visibility so they feel safer and visit the feeder longer. Because birds are more comfortable, you’ll get more birdwatching time overall!Six Feeding Stations Fit Small & Large Birds With less competition from squirrels, birds won’t be able to resist the Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone® Max Pinecone Bird Feeder! It features six feeding ports so multiple birds can dine at the same time and you can enjoy a better view. The feeding stations also boast multi-height perches to accommodate birds both large and small.Attractive, Rustic Design Birds and bird lovers alike can’t deny the charm of this delightful feeder. The bronze-colored cage is adorned with an attractive pinecone design that will look at home in any yard. The metal pinecones double as port covers on the weight-activated cage. In addition, the metal is finished with a powder coating to enhance the rustic look, while also ensuring rust resistance.Accessorize Your Seed Feeder When you’re feeding many birds, having the right accessories can make the experience that much more enjoyable. Check out a few other options that will enhance your seed feeder.There’s more to bird feeding than the feeder itself. Accessorize with hanging hooks, bafflers, scoops and more.Are squirrels a nuisance to your bird feeding routine? Our baffler options can help you keep them at bay.Hanging hooks and poles give you ultimate flexibility for placing your feeders so you can easily view them.Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone®Max Pinecone Bird Feeder Product Details Do you want to know more helpful details about the Squirrel-Be-Gone® Max Pinecone Bird Feeder? Take a closer look at the in-depth specifications for this product. Complete Product Details »
Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone® Max Pinecone Bird Feeder Model # SBG101 Height 20.5 inches Diameter 6.75 inches Capacity 1.75 lb Food Type Black-oil sunflower seed, mixed seed, safflower seed Materials Metal, plasticLearn More About Wild Birds Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures. Check out some of our great resources to find out more about your favorite wild birds.Our 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority! If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or accessory, you may return the product within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or refund of your full purchase price. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!About Perky-Pet®:We have been the trusted experts in backyard bird feeding since 1958. Perky-Pet® delivers high quality, functional bird feeders and accessories that bring more birds to your backyard. Bringing nature to you™. More About Perky-Pet® »
Perky-Pet® Squirrel-Be-Gone® Max Pinecone Bird Feeder - Specifications
- Seed Shield™ activates under a squirrel's weight to prevent access to ports
- Six feeding stations with Flexports™ prevent seed spillage and offer comfort for birds
- Multi-height perches accommodate birds of many sizes
- Powder-coated metal cage and lid ensure durability
- Twist-lock lid provides additional protection for the seed reservoir
- Holds up to 1.75 lb of mixed seed, black-oil sunflower seed, or safflower seed
What's in the Box:
- 1 Wild bird feeder
- 1.75 lb seed capacity
- 6 feeding stations
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or refund of your full purchase price. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
- All About
All About Wild Birds
Wild birds are so common to us that we often glance at them without a second thought. When we really look at them, observe them and enjoy their special qualities, we can truly appreciate some of nature's amazing creatures.
Check out our Wild Bird Library to find out about some of your favorite birds!
Wild Bird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Video Help & Advice from Perky-Pet®
- Check out our series on how to attract birds to your backyard. We have a large amount of video advice and help for all levels of bird watcher! more»