Perky-Pet® Red Square Antique Bottle Glass Hummingbird Feeder -Specifications
- Red antique bottle
- Hardened square glass nectar container
- 4 Decorative feeding ports
- Brushed copper base
- Base comes apart for easy cleaning
What's in the Box:
- 1 Hummingbird feeder
- 24 oz nectar capacity
30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy
Your satisfaction with our bird feeders and service is our top priority!
If you are anything less than completely satisfied with your bird feeder or bird accessory, you may return it within 30 days of receipt for a product replacement or money refund of your full merchandise cost. It's part of our worry-free shopping policy!
Disclaimer: Birdfeeder does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateExcellent Products
Purchased a hummingbird feeder and the hummingbirds love it. A really superb design. We also purchased the poles.
Review RateBees won\'t chew this one upWhen I found this one I had to purchase it. I place three feeders about my yard (in Oregon). I started out with the all plastic type, then I moved on to the glass bottle with plastic feeder tray & ports. At first I thought I chipped one of the plastic flower petals during handling but I continued to clean and refill as and the season wore on I found more and more petal damage. I began to observe the yellow jackets were chewing away the petals, not sure why the bees would do this but it was interesting. I have just hung my new all glass feeder with metal feed tray outside and anxiously awaiting for the bees to see their reaction. I will be replacing my other feeders with this Perk-Pet feeders, with on questionJohn > Eagle Creek Oregon
Review RateAmazon ReviewThis was a Christmas gift for my sister who lives in the Seattle area and has humming birds all year round. She was thrilled to have a new feeder. She said it was made of good sturdy construction and she liked the copper bottom it has on it.
Review RateAmazon ReviewREALLY HAPPY WITH PRODUCT, TYVM!
Review RateAmazon ReviewGOOD QUALITY LOVE WATCHING THE BIRDYS!!
- All About
Hummingbird Feeders - Expert Tips
Hanging Your Feeder
- Ideally a sheltered southeastern exposure location is best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. Birds also prefer not to have any obstructions over their feeding area so they can see any predators. more»
- Bird Baths - A clean and reliable water source is an excellent way to attract birds to your yard, especially those birds that do not necessarily eat seed or nectar. All birds will seek out a water supply, not only for drinking but also for keep themselves clean and healthy.
- Bird Houses - These are a good way to attract those species of birds that nest in holes. These structures should be made of an untreated wood (pine, cedar, etc.) and should have ventilation and drainage holes. It should be durable, and easy to check and clean. more»
- Keeping your feeder clean and full of fresh bird seed is very important to the health of visiting birds. It is recommended that you clean your wild bird feeder every two weeks. more»
Video Help & Advice from Perky-Pet®
- Check out our series on how to attract birds to your backyard. We have a large amount of video advice and help for all levels of bird watcher! more»
Hummingbird Feeders - FAQs
Q: What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A: Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards, such as the Perky-Pet® model #203CP or ant guards, Perky-Pet® model #242.
Q: How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A: Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet® cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q: What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A: Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.