Droll Yankees® Yankee Flipper® Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder - 5 lb
- Motor-driven, weight-activated perch ring allows songbirds to eat, but gently spins squirrels off the perch
- Heavy metal cap fits snugly on the tube to prevent squirrels from lifting it to reach the seed
- Length and width of tube are designed to prevent squirrels from reaching the ports
- Internal baffle design keeps seed flowing freely to the four ports
- Metal cap and base are powder-coated in forest green
- Hang from the looped stainless steel wire which reduces motion
- Holds up to 5 lb of seed
The Yankee Flipper® Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder is a motor-driven, weight-activated squirrel-proof feeder. It allows birds to eat and saves seed by keeping squirrels away.
Placement to deter squirrels: The key to keeping a bird feeder successfully squirrel-proofed is the placement. Place your bird feeder 4 feet from the ground and 8 feet from anything a squirrel can jump from. When hanging from a pole by a hook, it is recommended that the hook have at least a 16” distance from the pole. Placing a baffle on the pole or having a caged feeder will also help to ensure squirrel-proof success.
Cleaning: Dirty bird feeders spread disease. We recommend cleaning your feeders weekly, or monthly at a minimum. Do not put your feeder in the dishwasher as the high temperatures can permanently damage the feeder parts. Clean your feeders outdoors with a large bucket, and always wear gloves when cleaning. Soak your feeder in a 9:1 solution of water and bleach for 15 minutes. Then use a bird feeder brush to scrub the feeder with dish soap and water. Refill when completely dry.
Birds that use this feeder
|Droll Yankees® Yankee Flipper® Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder, 5 lb. capacity|
|Dimensions||29.25"h x 8"w x 5.6"d|
|Construction||UV-stabilized polycarbonate, metal, NiCad battery|
|Warranty||Droll Yankees Forever Promise|
|Made In||USA & Taiwan|
|Prop 65 Warning||WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.|